average price: £2.50 (asda 2015) average calories: 430kcal
What you need:
Ingredients: (Serves two)
160g Pasta (macaroni shape preferable)
60g Cheese (adjust to your preference)
1. Add pasta to water and bring to the boil.
2. Melt your butter/margarine at a medium heat.
3. Once melted stir flour in with the butter until there is no liquid left.
4. Gradually pour in the milk till you have a smooth sauce. Simmer for 8-10 minutes.
5. Grate your preferred quantity of cheese and gradually add to your sauce mixture.
6. If you notice your sauce becoming a little too thick, add a little more milk.
7. Once cooked, drain your pasta.
8. Mix your sauce with your pasta and pour into oven dish. Sprinkle cheese and crushed crisps over top.
9. Place in oven for 10-15 Minutes or until top has browned.
To add a little bit extra to your macaroni cheese, fry up some chopped bacon and stir in with your sauce mixture.